Operations & Maintenace Field Engineer at Africell Uganda
The ability to make calls around the world was indeed a momentous achievement of man as it was a game changer in the way communicated. As for any great innovation, maintenance and constant upgrade is neccessary to ensure service quality. We live in a generation where the advent of the smart phone has greatly changed how we communicate as we send more instant messages than we make phone calls. All that weighs heavily on the Telecommunication Infrastructure and inorder to ensure that you don't experience denial of service, men and women are at the helm of Maintainin this great infrastructure. Among such men who always respond to the call of duty is Kisambira Ramadhan, the Operations and Maintenance Engineer at Africell, we had a moment with him and this is what we asked
I Am professional engineer with strong analytical skills in both the technical and business arenas. Enthusiastic to learning, dynamic team player with experience in managing projects, products and teams. Able to understand the strategic and tactical perspectives of situations and conceptualize implementation strategies. Excellent problem solving skills, highly self-motivated and adaptable. Possesses an excellent understanding of computerized systems, communication systems and their implementation and impact on the business. Staying on top of technological advancements and industry trends pertaining to Wireless, Voice & Data Services.
It basically entails executive maintenance procedures related to radio and Transmission site maintenance as well as troubleshooting and repairing the radio and transmission site element.
1. Performing troubleshooting and repair for radio and transmission site elements.
2. Performing the radio and Transmission site preventitive maintenance activities to reduce site down time.
3. Reporting problem description and possible solutions.
• Innovative, hardworking, strong interpersonal skills.
• A cool head and excellent analytical, communication and decision-making skills.
• Commitment to continuous learning.
• Willing to keep abreast of development in new ideas.
• Planning and organization, with ability to coordinate the work of others, meeting tight deadlines and handling.
• Working in a Challenging Environment.
• Logical Thinking
1. Work pressure especially during times of down-time for am dealing with networks that require urgent response all time.
2. Inaccessibility for some sites due to poor road network,risky hills,forests and damaged roads due to rain.
The continued learing and exposure to the changing trends in technology.
24/7 Call outs at times make work hectic and boring.
I applied via email that was listed in the an online job advert after which was shortlisted for interviews that i successfully passed.
1. Mr.Bogere Shaban, A.g House Manager,Bujagali Hydro Power plant Advisor and role model.
2. Mr.Jonathan Ssemukutu,C.E.O Advanced Security Technologies,
3. My Trainer Mr. Patrick Asaba, Advisor and funder.
I took Physics,Economics,Mathematics and Fine art(PEM/A) at my A level.Physics and Mathematics were the cores at the University and are at Workplace.
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
The constructive career guidance while in school and internship training while at and out of the university.I believe they have greatly been of value for the job.
To be a C.E.O for an IT/Telecom firm
1. Logical Thinking
3. Planning and leading Innovation
4. Decisions making
5. Ability to beat deadline.
1. Working knowlegde of Global system for Mobile communication(GSM) technologies.
2. Networks e.g Computer Networks
3. Computer Skills
The technology is greatly changing day by day,this too calls for career advancement so as to catch up with the trend.
I draw my conclusion from one of the famous physicist quotes"Albert Einstein","Life is like ridding a bicycle,to keep your balance, you must keep moving"