Deadline 30 July 2021
The Pan African University is an initiative of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide quality postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Young, qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply to join Masters or PhD degree programmes at any of the following four PAU institutes listed below. Candidates with potential, motivation and who desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
1. Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI), at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya.
2. Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI), at the University of Ibadan (UI), Nigeria.
3. Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), at the University of Yaounde II and the University of Buea, Cameroon.
4. Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences - including climate change (PAUWES), at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
To see the list of the institutes and programs please check the page “Institutes & programs”
For more information please download the call document by clicking – English version / French version
Admission Requirements For Masters
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school)
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Detail CV
- Recommendation letter from ONE of his/her former University lecturers
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers (with email address and WhatsApp number) (*Mandatory)
Admission Requirements For Doctoral Program
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page);
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Detail CV;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors;
- A 3 to 4 page Research Concept Note (tentative title, research questions, objectives, the significance of the research etc…);
- Names of 3 Reference University Teachers (with email address and WhatsApp number);(Mandatory);
Reasons to join PAU
- Excellent programmes taught by world-class faculty;
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest-growing industries, with relevant career guidance; and
- Vibrant, multi-cultural and Pan African learning and research environments.
Applications should be completed online at https://www.au-pau.org/submission/
For more information https://www.pau-au.africa/
Closing date for the submission of applications with all supporting documents
30 July 2021. Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
Further enquiries can be made through: firstname.lastname@example.org Or :email@example.com