Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandan scholars to pursue studies at Masters and Undergraduate levels in Indian Universities for 2022/2023 Academic Year, under its Africa Scholarship Scheme administered by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
1. Engineering Sciences - 04 Slots
2. Commerce - 04 Slots
1. Actuarial Sciences - 04 Slots
2. Physics, Chemistry and Biology - 09 Slots
3. Mass Communication and Journalism - 05 Slots
1. Education - 03
2. International Relations - 03
1. Undergraduate applicants must have a minimum of 2 principal passes at ‘C’ level in the relevant subjects and must have obtained their results not more than two years ago
2. Applicants for Engineering must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at A-Level
3. Applicants for Commerce must have Mathematics and Economics at A-Level.
4. Applicants for the Masters degree should hold at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree in the relevant field; and must have two years or more working experience in the relevant field at the time of application
5. Applicants with foreign qualifications MUST have their academic documents EQUATED by the National Council for Higher Education
6. Applicants must not be more than 25 years of age for Undergraduate and not more than 30 years of age for Masters and 45 PhD at the time of application. Students currently at Public Universities on Government sponsorship or any other scholarship need not apply
7. Applicants must procure Medical insurance approx. 6,800 USD for the whole duration of course before obtaining the Indian Student Visa
8. Applicants must have a biometric Passport at the time of application
The application form can be downloaded from the Website of the Ministry of Education and Sports: www.education.go.ug, or can be handwritten with a recent passport photo attached. The application should indicate age, sex, course, home district, telephone contact, an email address, photocopies of academic certificates and transcripts and addressed to:
Central Scholarships Committee
Ministry of Education and Sports
And hand-delivered to:
The Department of Admissions, Scholarships and Student Affairs
Legacy Towers, Kyadondo Road Plot 5, Kampala
1 st Floor Wing B.
To reach not later than Thursday, 12th May, 2022. The shortlist will be displayed on the Ministry of Education and Sports Website: www.education.go.ug and on Notice Boards at Embassy House and Legacy Towers on Tuesday, 17th May, 2022.