Pharmacy Technician mix and compound pharmaceutical preparations and gives out medicines to patients following ethical principles of prescriptions issued to patients by clinicians.
Keeps stock of medicines and manages Hospital Pharmacy Unit.
Aim of the Course
Develop competent pharmacy technicians’ equipped with knowledge skills and attitudes for preparing quality pharmaceuticals ad manage health care activities ensuring rational drug use
The objectives of the programme are to develop a pharmacy Technician able to:
1. Prepare and dispense quality pharmaceuticals in a professional manner
2. Participate in management of Health, drugs and Pharmaceutical resources
3. Maintain the Pharmaceutical equipment
4. Implement drug policies and regulations
5. Carry out primary Health Care activities on community drug use
6. Conduct and participate in pharmaceutical researches